How to Make Lavender Lemonade To Help With Headaches and Anxiety
Updated: May 16
Based on the following article https://www.powerofpositivity.com/lavender-lemonade-recipe-anxiety-headaches/?fbclid=IwAR2BPqulhNrqMS13-O04mJVsTv5U3dXZEyHLEor2vjOQ2_KaFzf0M7OhfGo
Iced lavender lemonade from Seven Senses Organic
It’s no secret that our lives can be incredibly stressful. We’re constantly on the run at work, dealing with family issues and trying to squeeze some personal time in as well. Did we even mention sleep?
It should be no surprise, then, that anxiety and headaches can become a common occurrence, not to mention a terrible nuisance. Headaches and anxiety are by-products of living in a continually-stressed state; when we feel that there is 25 hours of things to do and a miserly 24 hours in which to do them.
Unfortunately, many of us turn to other, less-desirable methods of trudging through the day. We’ll fuel ourselves with a cup of coffee, smoke another cigarette, or have another glass of wine. While these habits may provide a temporary emotional release, they’re not a healthy solution in the long-term.
A more sustainable, healthy solution becomes a necessity to deal with the side effects of stress. Lavender oil is a very powerful essential oil known for its remarkable healing properties. Containing over 150 active compounds, lavender oil is an effective antidepressant, anti-inflammatory and sedation agent.
A number of studies have reported that lavender essential oil may be beneficial in a variety of health conditions, including insomnia, alopecia (hair loss), anxiety, stress, and postoperative pain. Lavender is also being studied for antibacterial and antiviral properties. – University of Maryland Medical Center
In a study conducted at the University of Florida, researchers discovered that lavender oil was effective in reducing anxiety and lowering pulse rates. Surgery patients that underwent lavender-based aromatherapy reported a marked decrease in stress levels before their procedure. This study is a testament to the powerful sedative properties of lavender oil.
Further, lavender essential oil contains anti-depressive properties and has been shown to aid sleep. These are very important elements of lavender that can aid in keeping stress and its troublesome side effects at bay.
Here are some other benefits of lavender essential oil, as discovered in clinical studies:
– Lavender aromatherapy increased pain tolerance in children and adults.
– Alleviation of depressed mood and anxiety in female patients undergoing dialysis treatment.
– Test results for patients showing decreased anxiety and increased alertness levels after olfactory administration of lavender oil.
– Improved mood states and healthier work environment reported by hospital staff when burning lavender incense.
– Decreased stress and anxiety levels measured in brain patterns of patients hospitalized in intensive care unit.
Despite its healthy, powerful nature, lavender is well-received by the human body. Therefore, it is a perfect essential oil for consumption. This brings us to the perfect concoction to help alleviate stress-related headaches and anxiety: lavender lemonade.
HERE’S HOW LAVENDER LEMONADE CAN HELP WITH HEADACHES AND ANXIETY:
As an easy reference, drinking lavender lemonade can help alleviate a multitude of symptoms, including:
– Depression and/or anxiety
– High blood pressure
– Insomnia or difficulty sleeping
Apart from drinking the concoction, lavender essential oil independently serves a variety of other medicinal purposes. The various properties of lavender allow it to be used as an:
– Anti-fungal: as a natural remedy for common skin and nail infections.
– Antiseptic: cleaning the skin of germs and other organisms.
– Antibacterial: destroying or suppressing the growth of bacteria.
– Anti-inflammatory: reducing inflammation in various parts of the body.
– Antimicrobial: killing or inhibiting illness-causing microorganisms.
– Antispasmodic: alleviation of spasms, including of the muscles.
– Analgesic: reduction of a variety of pain-related symptoms.
– Detoxifier: cleansing the blood, purifying both the liver and kidneys.
Now that we understand the various medicinal and holistic health benefits of the essential oil lavender, we’ll detail how to make a simple, tasty mix of lavender lemonade.
Lavender lemonade is a perfect refresher. The sweet, tart taste of lemonade is combined with raw honey to create a cold drink that is satisfying to the palette. It’s a perfect drink to complement any meal, day or night. Enjoy the beverage daily or when experiencing symptoms taxing to the mind and body.
Ingredients for lavender lemonade:
– 1 cup of raw honey
– 12 cups of pure water
– 6 tea spoons of Seven Senses Organic Lavender Tea
– 6 lemons
– Lavender sprigs for garnish (if desired)
- 3 Gallon Mason Jar for iced tea
1. Brew 6 spoons of Seven Senses Organic Lavender tea in 4 cups of water and bring it to boil for 15-20 mins in a small pot
2. Let the mix stand overnight for 6-8 hours
3. Pour in a 3 gallon iced tea jar. Add the rest of the water in to fill it out
4. Peel and juice the six fresh lemons
5. Thoroughly mix all ingredients together and chill. Adjust to desired taste by adding more water or honey, if desired.